Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The 16th government in LV since independence in 1991

According to Latvian Constitution it is the President who asks the future prime minister to form the cabinet (Art. 56). Following political traditions usually it is the leader of the winning political party who leads the cabinet formation after elections. It means that for a month the coordination process (as determined by the constitution) between majority winning political parties|political unions and consultations with the president's chancellery takes place between the elections and the first session of the parliament.

The Unity political union (New Era, Civic Union and Society for Another politics political parties) won the elections and gained a third of 100 member parliament's seats, and Valdis Dombrovskis started forming the future Latvian cabinet. At first there was a chance to form truly formative Latvian grand coalition government, however due to disagreements within Unity political union, at the end the Unity and the Union of Greens and Farmers (UGF) formed the new cabinet.

Last Friday the first version of the new government declaration became available, and now this 29. page long document is fully accessible for scrutiny. Yesterday the 10th Latvian Saeima (parliament) convened for the emergency session and with the 63 YEA and 35 NAY votes approved the new Latvian Cabinet. In the 16th Cabinet since Latvia restored its independence in 1991 there are now seven ministers from the Unity and six from the UGF party. The new cabinet formation was rather bumpy and thus there are pundits who do not predict the government a long tenure. My personal views together with other colleagues are expressed here. I am more inclined to believe that if Valdis Dombrovsksis would be able to focus on his immense inner qualities he could become the longest serving PM in the Latvian history. It would essentially mean that starting from 2012 onwards Mr Dombrovskis would have to change his present austerity measures discourse to one that would inspire Latvian folks to jump start their political and economic system in new quality. For such discourse transformation there is a dire need to transform antiquated state administrative procedures and agencies. The Latvian Internal Revenue Service and Ministry of Education structure and personnel policies must be overhauled in order to achieve structural changes in Latvian economy. The rule of law without shake up of Latvian courts is impossible and last but not least the mandatory property and tax declaration system must be passed as soon as possible, because it is looooooooong overdue. Thus, if these reforms would be accomplished Latvian people could regain the trust in democratic governance and would most probably follow the new challenges that the new and R&D powered economy would pose.

The Latvian new Cabinet started its work yesterday and with high probability the author of these lines would start facing new challenges in his life. Due to my future job requirements I would not be able to comment on Latvian domestic politics in blogosphere as often anymore. However, I would continue to publish once monthly in the Baltic Times and add to the ongoing scientific research.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what s you new job?

Anonymous said...

Hi:

I've been watching www.spolitis.blogspot.com as a lurker for quite some time now.
I made up my mind that I might as well get involved and interact with the people here.
I'm hoping to meet lots of wonderful people and learn some outstanding stuff.

I'm hoping this post idn't get posted in a bad place. I'm hoping you'll forgive me if "here" is unsuitable.

--------------------

ARLIE HANSON
Property Assessor

Anonymous said...

I've ever liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to type of just dish out all at once staring at it as a configuration of catharsis. In a route, it helps me with meditation, to free emphasis and well-grounded think fro nothing. That's why since I was a kid, instead of dolls and cars I've always cool more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, dulcet boxes etc. So I was most delighted when I start the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Inconsiderable Appear Laser Crown Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com protection the Toys section. It's like a melodic belt, a spinning top, and a berate show all rolled into one. Which is prodigious amusement! The gyroscope transfer concoct representing about a minute. The laser light manifest with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a rather unique bauble that my friends get also been most amused with.

My dogs are also beautiful outr?around the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They unceasingly attend the gyroscope as it spins, although at earliest they kept barking at the laser diverting dismiss show, and also because it produces music. But after they got tempered to it, they've stopped barking but virtuous save up following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also unbelievably amused nearby it. Occasionally it's meet to possess pleasing toys on all sides the lineage so that you can pull out the bit of frippery trifle with on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you count provide for viands or sock changed. The gyroscope is unified such toy with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a map on it, and produces a dainty indicate with red, dispirited, and green colours. Nick a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser incandescence show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that great but allowable enough to treat any supplementary guest to the house. The gyroscope is red and negro, making it look exceedingly coolth, and somewhat masculine with that dragon imprint.

The music dismount attack show gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also acclimatized this gyroscope to stagger my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy terror of decorating the hostelry cell with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as affectionately so that the laser insight register produces a romantic effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the sunrise effects created a slightly dreamt-up atmosphere. She loved it, by the style, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my oversight shopping placement for all gifts and ideas in support of fancied occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser radiance make clear gyroscope can perhaps be a momentous Christmas give-away seeking the toddler or neutral the mollycoddle! Alternatively, the gyroscope can really be a gracious summation to the ordinary Christmas decorations. I can take it as given placing it just about the Christmas tree and perchance spinning it when guests hit town in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my subject yet again!

Anonymous said...

what I was looking for, thanks

Anonymous said...

You completed some good points there. I did a search on the theme and found the majority of persons will have the same opinion with your blog..